Information Gathering on Android using nmap

Hey guys, lets check nmap app for Android in this article. Nmap is one of the important tools for hackers & security experts to get the decent know-how of the target. It scans for the open ports on target address. Also, we can use it in many ways for our benefits. Lets check now!

First, I need to make it clear that your device must be rooted & you have BusyBox installed for full-functioning of this app. For non-rooted devices, some features won't work!

Download this tiny app from here & install it.

As you open the app, it will ask for root access permissions. Grant the permissions & go ahead!

Now, here's the fun part! You can enter only the target IP here. If you want to scan for a domain, then first resolve its IP and then scan for that IP. You can't scan directly for a domain here.

You can get the IP of a site address from here:
http://www.dnsqueries.com/en/dns_lookup.php

That's really sad, I hope the developer, in future, adds that functionality too.

Here, I've the results for my local IP.


Now, here it says that the host is up! So guys, you can see that it worked perfectly for me. It provides me the MAC address too. As, we see the port 53 of tcp is open here, which does the dns resolution job.

That's all guys! I hope you enjoyed reading this tutorial. If so, kindly let me know in the comment box below. Also, read my next tutorial on Nipper app, which is really cool (that's what came to my mind after using it!). See you there. :)

Share this

Related Posts